Friday 22 April 2011

keeping fit now, or fat as some would say!

Although I have now completed the Marathon, I thought long and hard about this blog and should it stay or go?
I decided that I would keep it going for a few months or until people stop reading it.
I have severe cramp for the last week and someone suggested that I go for a run to relieve this. It sounded barmy but was worth a go.
My neighbour, the one who got me running in 2009 came around and off we went for a leisurely 3km run. It is a gravel track and hilly, but I thought that it is not too far if my knees are not upto it and I have to walk. It sounds very silly that I may struggle with about a mile and a half when I ran this extra on Sunday without thinking about it!
I managed to get around with my fellow runners in 17:44 minutes and at a pace of 6'04 per km which is a nice steady pace. I burnt 285 calories completing this and my legs felt fine. The weather was warm but not sunny, how I wished for this on Sunday!!
I decided to go for the same run tonight whilst waiting for Leeds to come onto the TV. I ran at a pace of 5'11, so obviously quicker thanthe previous day and it took 14:08 minutes and burnt 266 calories. I felt terrible after this due to the heat and again feel disappointed with struggling to run this short distance, especially after running 27.5 with less trouble. I am going to have another run tomorrow around the same time and then take Sunday off, or I may go to the newly refurbished DW Gym at Birstall to have a look around and a possible swim / jog on the new runners.
That's all for now and COME ON LEEDS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment