Saturday 2 April 2011

swimming agaist the tide

It was a nice and easy mile swim yesterday. This kept the blood pumping around my legs and the air circulating through my lungs. An early start at 9:15 as at 10:00 the hungry hippos come into the pool for their warm-up before the aqua-splash session.
You need to be finished before this time as the 'swimmin Miss Daisys' are painfully slow and naturally tut when you either pass them or dare to splash the blue rinse.
Once the aqua class has started, it is diificult to calculate the tidal flow. If the squad are walking / running clockwise, it is like tethered swimming in the fast lane due to the flow of water against you, then they turn around and all of a sudden you have your face squashed into the pool wall as you can't stop.
I am having a lazy weekend and back to the running on Monday, when I am down to 2 miles a day and a half mile swim. Just watching the calories and food this week before I need to store those carbs and rest my legs for a few days. It is only 15 days to go now!
Thanks for joining me in this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment