Sunday 16 January 2011

Week one

Week one of the official training countdown has begun. Only 90 days left!!
Ran 33 miles this week on the road and the legs were a bit sore but have recovered with a few days off.
I am on a course this week and will be hitting the gym rather than the streets, so watch out treadmills, cross trainers, weights and the pool. They will be getting hit hard.
I am running for a charity and if you would like to donate, please follow the instructions on the link below.
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.virginmoneygiving.com%2Fjohnwestgarth&h=29072
I need to raise £1500 to run and I have started the push for donations. If all my Facebook friends give at least £1, I will raise £903 just from them!! Add this to the £300 raised from my kind friends at the West Yorkshire bowling tournament, and the £150 donation by my family, it is getting there.
I am also aiming to lose 2 stones before the race and any advice on diets would be appreciated. Lost 6lbs this week from the 5000 calories burnt in the running.
I will update this blog daily now, as I have set it up and inform you all of the miles / calories and weight loss.
Thank you for your time in looking at this blog and feel free to add comments, if you can?
John

No comments:

Post a Comment