Thursday 17 March 2011

Happy Potato Day

Well as I am TOFFO this week, I had a rest yesterday but felt that I should make a guest appearance on DW's treafmills, and I am glad that I did.
Started off with a 5 minute warm up and the guy next to me sniggered as I walked at a pace of 5km per hour. He blasted off at 10km, which is a nice pace t warm up to.
After 5 minutes I raised my level to 10k and he decided to increase by 0.5km to 'keep ahead'. The following next 5 minutes I raised the level to 10.5km and he went to 11km but I could see that he was struggling with this so I decided to have a bit of fun. I waited a further 5 minutes before raising to 11km and watched to see if he could respond, but he didn't. I then went to 11.5, 12, 12.1, 12.2, 12.3 with no response. I moved into the zone and ran at 15km and he almost fell off his treadmill, especially as I had run 5 miles before I did my interval training, which is 1 minute at 10km, 1 minute at 12km and 30 seconds at 15km. I felt great after this and it made up for doing very little on Wednesday.
I am going to the hospital with my youngest dauhgter tomorrow so will have another rest day, as with Saturday but then on Sunday I will run the 20 miles for the last time until the Marathon, which is in a month. My training will slow down after this, in terms of mileage but frequency will remain the same.
If you still wish to sponsor me or pledge, please PM me or follow the link below for sponsorship. All monies donated will go to the charities and none is taken by the just giving site.
Thanks for looking and remember, you can play the "where's Westy / Weggy" game by donating £1 to the link and PM me with my running number if yu see me. The first that does (if I get 20 people taking part) will win £10.
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/johnwestgarth

No comments:

Post a Comment