Wednesday 23 March 2011

last run from work

The slow down is continuing. I ran my last 5.5 mile road run today as I ran to work. It is starting to hit home that I have less than four weeks before the Marathon. I have spoken to my training team and they are happy with my progress and I have to resist the urge to train more as my body needs to recover from the 250 miles I have run since the 7th January.
The uphill run took 46:16 minutes to run the 5.40 miles and an average pace of 5'19 over the distance. I managed to rid myself of 850 calories during the run.
I am hitting the gym for the next four days to maintain the 5 miles, although one day will be a 2 mile swim. Thennext week I will step it down again with the runs not exceeding 3 miles.
I have some energy products to try prior to the Marathon as some of them apparently have side effects, which will cause a mess if I don't control them, so I will be using these at the gym; prior to training, during training and at the conclusion of the training. I am also putting more emphasis onto my core strength and getting rid of some more weight.
It is not too late to sponsor me, every little helps is the ethos of Tesco and it certainly applies to raising money for charity. The below is the link to complete this and this will remain open until June 2011.
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/johnwestgarth

No comments:

Post a Comment