Tuesday 8 March 2011

remembered the code!!

Well, after the last two days of racking my brain for my password, it came back to me in a flash of inspiration whilst slaving over the stove for pancakes! Luckily I could have some as I ran further today than normal to allow for those extra calories!
Yesterday I ran from work in the sunshiiiiiinnnnnneee which was a novelty! I managed to almost hit the 5'00 per km mark but only managed 5'07", so I was so close. This allowed for a burning of 816 calories and a time of 42:48.
I awoke this morning and heard the sound of scraping ice off the windscreens of my next door neighbour. I almost turned over and went back to sleep but got up and put on my leggings, hat and off I went in the freezing cold. The run to work is uphill and I managed to get there in 46:16, running at 5'27" per km which is fairly good. My aim in the next month is to try to hit 40 minutes on the homeward bound journey and 45 minutes on the uphill slog. Running uphill burns a few more calories (829).
On the way home today I ran those extra miles to allow for pancakes! I ran a pace of 5'25" and 11.54 kms. A steady run allowing for a time of 1:02:33 and 1129 calories burnt.
Going to run in the morning and then probably hit the gym on Thursday due to a course. May rest Friday, but may also go to the gym and then definately resting on Saturday, in preparation for the long one on Sunday again. The 20 mile legs need to be strapped on!
That is a quick catch-up from my absent mind and hopefully I will recall my password in future and you enjoy my progress!
See you all tomorrow
John

No comments:

Post a Comment