Friday 11 March 2011

Where's Westy / Weggy?

I hit the gym tonight as I needed a fwe more miles in my legs. So I went to the sweatbox that is DW, the sooner that they complete the refit the better as it was like an oven tonight and I drank 1litre of water before the end of the 5 miles. I ran this in a steady 48:29 which is not earth shattering but it made me sweat like a pig in a pork scratching factory. I ran at 5'59" per km which again is not blistering but it will allow me to get around the Marathon route in around 4 hours to 4.50 hours. I burnt 792 calrories and sweat about half my bodies water during the run.
I am just about one month away from the run (1 month and 8 days to be precise) and I have to rest for the last week, so 1 month and 1 day left! I will probably up the running next week to daily runs, whether it be to work or just a tuttle around the estate on my 4-5 mile runs. I also have planned to complete three more 20 mile runs on the next three weekends that I am off.
If you would like to play the game - Where's Westy (new friends) or Where's Weggy (old schoolers) then please follow the link and pay the minimum £1 entry fee. The first to send me a PM when you sight me and note my running number will win a prize (which is yet to be decided) and the joy of being the Wally finder of the London Marathon
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/johnwestgarth

No comments:

Post a Comment