Thursday 24 February 2011

the sun has got his hat on

Well it was a surprise that I actually ran in the sunshine today, which was a very pleasant change to the usual wind, rain or snow!
Shins are really hurting me today after running the 8.17km (5.26 miles) in 42:50 which is the quickest time to date. This meant that I managed to run at a pace of 5'14", which again was helped by the sunshine. How bizarre that a quicker time meant less calories burnt? Only 800 burnt on the run. Claire got a surprise by me being home before 5pm!!
As I said earlier, my shins are really hurting, so if anyone knows what I can do to stop this happening, please tell me! Is it something I can do in my warm up or cool down? Some have suggested pain killers but I want to keep clear of this method.
Running to work in the morning so if you see me, give me a little toot on the horn but please do not stop as I will not be polite and get in, mainly because I'll be sweaty!
I am still attempting to reach my target for donation and the below link will direct you to the web page, which apparently has been upgraded to accept paypal.
Thanks for looking
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/johnwestgarth

No comments:

Post a Comment